Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2019

Sunday 10/06/2019
Today I woke up at 8 am.
I had to hurry because we wanted to leave at 9 am. After a quick shower and a little snack we started our way to Des Moines. The drive to Des Moines took us three hours. My host sister slept through the whole drive so I talked a lot with my host mother. After we arrived in Des Moines we went to the Iowa State Capitol. It was not opened so we walked around the Capitol and other memorials. As we had enough of sightseeing we visited a botanical garden. Compared to the outside it was really warm inside. My host mother tried to teach me a bit of a few plants. Because we were hungry we were looking for food in a mall. We could not decide what we wanted to eat so we took pizza as usual. ðŸ˜„ I had a pizza with green olives and ham and it was really good but to be honest my favorite pizza is still the one from “Godfathers Pizza” which we had at the second or third day in Iowa. After lunch was eaten we went to the living history farm where we were able to see how the people lived in their houses 200 years ago. It was really interesting but I can not imagine to live like them without flowing water and without electricity. 
On the farms were horses, cats, pigs, chickens and little cows we could pet. Since the farms was closed at 4 pm we could not really see many houses but what we have seen was really worth it.
My host sister really wanted to have ice cream for a nice end of the trip, so we went to another mall and got rolled ice cream which was really good. This ice cream is self made and we were able to follow the whole procedure. Then after a three hours drive and two movies later we finally arrived at home. I had to pack my suitcase for the trip to South Dakota tomorrow. As I was ready I went to bed at 11 pm.
~ Erja

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

On Monday the 14th of October, our day started very sadly because we had to say goodbye to our host families. As a farewell, the whole stu...