Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2019

Our last Saturday in the US

After many great days in the US, the last two days left with our host family had arrived.
Since we didn’t plan any actions with the GAPP group everybody did something different with their host, enjoying the little time that is left.
The day started with four of us Germans, and our teacher Mr. Bleischwitz waking up way to early for a Saturday to do something really exiting: The local radio station wanted an interview with the Germans to talk about Germany, our school and the GAPP program. So from 8.00 am to 8.50 am we answered questions. We were all very nervous, but the interviewer made us feel as comfertable as possible.
After the nearly one hour long interview and a lot of laughing about our faults we did when answering questions, we went back to our hostfamilys.
I went shopping with my two hosts Emily and Lily. We went to a Mall one hour away from Charles City, but even the drive there was really funny. We sang with the radio and made silly jokes until we finally arrived.
We scoured all the shops, and I can promise you there is a lot of funny and silly stuff in the US.
And, of course, at some point we ended up in the bookshop Barnes and Noble, since both, Emily and I love buying and reading books. And let me tell you, two people very fond of reading, are fun in theorie, but resultet in way more books than we probably needed.
With two heavy bags full of books we went on buying even more.

So this was my last Saturday here in the US together with my hostfamily. I had a lot of fun here and I wish I could stay a little longer, but I can promise that the stress of our arrival was worth it.

Alexandra

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

On Monday the 14th of October, our day started very sadly because we had to say goodbye to our host families. As a farewell, the whole stu...