Montag, 30. September 2019

My first Sunday in America 

Today I woke up at about 6am. Because in Germany it's about 12pm and I wanted to call my family. After talking to much on the phone I didn't even get to take a shower before me and my host family went to a Lutheran church at 8am.
Even though the American church has a lot in common with the German church there are still many differences. Time flew by as we sat and laughed with the pastor and it was time to go home. Since Saturday was a pretty exhausting day we were all tired and went straight to bed.
Eventually I got up and lunch was already on the table, some warm and delicious tomato soup and cheese sandwiches.
I was very excited I get to visit the animal shelter since I love cats. After a long time cuddling with the cats I got to play ball with the dogs and pet them. What amazed me was that they all were barking while they were in the cages but once they got out and played with us they were the cutest and softest dogs I ever met. 

We went home again and after doing my homework from my school in Germany it was time to visit everyone in St. Ansgar. Everyone brought some self made American food and itf was delicious!
I hope I didn't gain too much weight.

Hope you are having a nice day

Celina



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

On Monday the 14th of October, our day started very sadly because we had to say goodbye to our host families. As a farewell, the whole stu...